Dan serves as Chief Strategy Officer and General Counsel for The McShane Companies. Joining the firm in 2005, he provides an in-house source of expertise for land and building acquisitions, real estate development activities, tenant leasing negotiations, property dispositions and insurance. As Chief Strategy Officer, Dan coordinates strategic planning and risk management strategies within each of the companies.
He also oversees the firm’s legal matters and provides daily and immediate legal counsel on behalf of the organization. Through his strategic direction, Dan identifies potential opportunities, mitigates risk and works towards maintaining the vitality of the company. He also serves as a member of Conor’s Investment Committee.
Dan previously held the position of Associate in the Real Estate Department of Chicago-based Winston & Strawn, LLP. In this role, he provided legal expertise with a focus on property acquisition and disposition, leasing, secured lending and corporate mergers and acquisitions.
University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Arts – Philosophy and Psychology
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Chicagoland Associated General Contractors (Chicagoland AGC) – Builders Scholarship Foundation Board Member
- Illinois State Bar Association
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
Awards and Recognition
- Crain’s Chicago Business – 2021 Notable General Counsels
- Connect CRE – 2021 Lawyers in Real Estate Award